Leads the development and delivery of training programs associated with spacecraft electrical, assembly, test, and checkout
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Subject Matter Expert for solder training: stripping and preparing wires and terminals, tinning, forming, assembling solder terminals and PWB assemblies using the applicable documents, general requirements, materials, components, assembly process, assembly soldering processes, cleanliness requirements, etc.
- Delivers crimp, cable and harness training: crimping contacts, splicing, solder sleeve terminations, harnessing, fabrication and inspection of harness assemblies.
- Conducts analyses to evaluate customer technical training needs to help determine appropriate training content, objectives and design.
- Coaches and mentors team members and leaders using existing processes and procedures
- Manages the development, delivery and evaluation of Electrical & Functional Test training.
- Follows processes for identifying training content and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Leads training design reviews, engages with customers, suppliers, and contract personnel.
- Performs research; provides formative feedback on projects during design and development.
- Previous experience with courseware and curriculum development.
- Requires J-STD-001 Soldering and NASA-STD-8739.4 Crimp, Cable and Harness certifications.
- Confirms accurate certification data, collaborates with employees and management to ensure certifications remain current.
- Manages structured on-the-job training, and practical training.