Geocent offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
We are looking for an experienced Solid Edge/AutoCad Designer to join our team!
Performs product development tasks such as 3D modeling and detailed 2D drawings for new components using Solid Edge or AutoCad. Supports the product development process with initial concept drawings for quoting and exploded drawings to be used for manufacturing. Maintains and modify basic component designs, using Solid Edge/AutoCad and design file management tools, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
Work with Project Lead and manufacturing team members to collaborate on product designs from concept through production. Responsible for reviewing engineering drawings and supporting documentation for adherence to drafting standards. Work with design engineers to document needed changes on existing products and document engineering and print revisions. Create and maintain detail electrical and floorplan drawings and maintain assembly drawings. Calculate dimensions, allowances and technical specifications involved in accordance with established practices. Assist development in engineering specifications documents and bills of materials. Evaluate tolerance stack-up issues as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
1) Associate degree in Mechanical Design/Drafting or equivalent along with training in SolidEdge, AutoCad, or equivalent CAD software.
2) 5 year product design experience required.
3) Understanding of Facility Gate Systems.
Other Skills and Abilities:
1) Fluent in Solid Edge, AutoCad, or equivalent 3D CAD software (i.e., Unigraphics, Creo, Solid Works, etc.)
2) Competent with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
3) Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and with others across various disciplines
4) Communicates well verbally, diagrammatically, and in writing
5) Creativity, innovation, and attention to detail
6) Ability to work in environments experiencing routine and rapid change
7) Proficient in the application GD&T a plus
8) Desired experience with design file management
Active Secret Clearance Required
U.S. Citizen only for Federal Clearance Requirement
Geocent is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin