Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
The Aerospace Mechanical Assembly Trainer/Training Developer will partner with the SLS Learning Training and Development Focal to develop learning solutions supporting Space Launch Systems (SLS) Stages Facility Activation and Production System Readiness schedule. Research, design, develop, deliver, and evaluate SLS program training using the Instructional Systems Design model.
Develop SLS reports and metrics for organizational records/documentation to meet reporting and compliance requirements.
Scope of work will include but is not limited to: curriculum and program specific course development, scheduling, major SLS weld tooling and production work station implementation, training record management, and training facilities setup.
Conducts learning requirements analysis and establishes learning objectives. Designs and develops course content and instructional materials. Tests delivery environment and establishes system access requirements. Delivers content and assesses effectiveness based on learning objectives. Conducts customer workplace coaching sessions to improve individual or group performance. Scope of work will include but is not limited to spacecraft Mechanical Assembly. Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Mechanical Assembly training focal; design, develop, and deliver training programs to include but not limited to:
- Chemical Conversion Coatings
- Safety Wire, Safety Cable Installation
- Electrical Connector Mate & Demate
- Aerospace Sealing and Adhesive Bonding
- Surface preparation and primer application
- Electrical/Mechanical Torque
- Bonding and Ground Resistance Measurements
- Manufacturing Measuring Tools
- Hole Drilling and Fastener Installation
- Performs analyses to evaluate customer technical training needs to help determine appropriate training content, objectives and design.
- Coaches and mentors team members and leaders using existing processes and procedures
- Supports the development, delivery and evaluation of technical and skills training.
- Follows processes for identifying training content and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Participates in training design reviews engages with customers, suppliers, and contract personnel.
- Performs research; provides formative feedback on projects during design and development.
- Documents and verifies certification data, collaborates with employees and management to ensure certifications remain current.
- Develops and delivers classroom, structured on-the-job (SOJT) and practical training.
Minimum Technical/Skills Requirements:
- Skills necessary to design and deploy training materials, and have extensive experience in space/aerospace manufacturing or modification
- Previous experience with courseware and curriculum development.
- 8 or more years' related work experience on NASA or Commercial Aerospace programs.
- Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts
- Prior knowledge and hands-on experience using mechanical assembly processes to manufacture large aerospace structures.
- Knowledge and ability to train manufacturing and Quality personnel manufacturing processes such as: Chemical Conversion Coatings, Safety Wire, Safety Cable Installation, Electrical Connector Mate & Demate, Aerospace Sealing and Adhesive Bonding, Surface preparation and primer application, Electrical/Mechanical Torque, Bonding and Ground Resistance Measurements, Manufacturing Measuring Tools, and Hole Drilling - Fastener Installation
- Position may require overtime and working 2nd or 3rd shift.
Geocent is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin
#geospacedefense #externalreferral #2