Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
The Senior Software Development Engineer participates in implementing and maintaining laboratory automation software that controls real-time HWIL simulation systems used to support the NASA Space Launch System program at MSFC. The incumbent collects, interprets and documents system requirements; participates in component, subsystem and system concept designs; develops and recommends methods, tools and designs and participates as a member of a multi- functional laboratory automation development team.
- Perform software systems engineering functions as required.
- Analyze and develop software per customer requirements.
- Implement source code per detailed designs.
- Support software integration troubleshooting and bug-fix activities.
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures.
- Conduct and participate in design and code reviews.
- Enter or update documentation into appropriate control systems.
- Troubleshoot and correct test automation anomalies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure products meet performance goals.
- Produce documentation and user training materials to assist user’s in the operation of software.
These activities will be on-going as the launch vehicle architecture matures and the SLS program completes program phases, reviews and schedule milestones
Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., with a minimum 19 years of experience, Masters with at least 23 years of experience, or BS with at least 25 years of experience. Minimum 3 years of experience in developing software in the Python scripting language.
- Developing user interfaces for automated test control and data display in support of formal avionics HWIL - test activities is desirable.
- Configuration management of distributed computing platforms used during formal avionics HWIL test activities is desirable.
- Network communications with TCP and UDP is desirable.
- Distributed and clustered file systems with mixed Windows and Linux operating systems is desirable.
- Systems engineering experience in disciplines such as hardware and software integration, requirements development, verification and validation, and testing is desirable.
- Proficient in tools/languages such as: Python, Qt, Twisted Network Framework, Windows 7, Linux Fedora Core.
- Exposure to tools/languages/standards such as: XML, C/C++, Thrift, Stomp, Java, Git, SVN, Trac, Review Board, and Linux batch scripting.
U.S. Citizen only for Federal Clearance Requirement
Geocent is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin