Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
The key purpose of the position is to plan and perform integration activities in support of the Systems Integration and Test Facility (SITF), Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) Hardware-in-the-Loop facility (HWIL), and three Software Development Facilities (SDFs) that will be used to verify the integrated avionics system for the Space Launch System (SLS) at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center.
This is a senior level position that requires broad technical capability to perform design, development and integration of real-time HWIL systems, as well as good project management skills to define and plan the activities. Tracking and reporting progress and timely completion of milestones is essential. Problem solving and troubleshooting, including hands-on use of test equipment will be required during integration, start-up, and operation of the systems.
Responsibilities of this job include:
• Support the design and development of test architectures, test plans, and test procedures for the following: Develop and maintain lab configuration drawings for each facility including the SIL and SITF.
o Launch vehicle avionics system testing in the SIL.
o Core Stage avionics system testing in the SITF.
o The development systems supporting the SIL and SITF.
• Work with design groups to design custom equipment, cables, and integration software needed throughout the SIL and SITF by defining cable lengths, end connectors, pin outs, and applicable software based on facility and avionics box designs.
• Create work orders for manufacturing, track manufacturing, resolve manufacturing issues and arrange for transport and delivery to the applicable facility at MSFC.
• Assist with installation, system software analysis, and hands on troubleshooting during integration of the facility.
These activities will be on-going as the launch vehicle architecture matures and the SLS program completes program phases, reviews and schedule milestones.
Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 4 years of experience; Masters with at least 8 years of experience, or a BS with at least 10 years of experience.
Following experience would be added advantage
• Good team player
• Training of team members
• Active participation in value engineering workshops
• Should have good presentation skills /communication skills, verbal and written so as to communicate with client and lead offices.
• Sound understanding of machine safety on packaging machines with knowledge of safety standards
• Pre-commissioning / commissioning, startup experience
U.S. Citizen only for Federal Clearance Requirement
Geocent is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin