The Liquid Engines Office (LEO) supports the system level design, integration, development, test, qualification, and acceptance of the Space Launch System (SLS), liquid engines. This position will support the LEO at Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC).
Provide senior level technical support to the Liquid Engine Office. Responsibilities include:
- Coordination of engine's system test facility requirement definition and verification
- RL10 requirements management and verification completion.
- Coordinates within the NASA community and between NASA and prime contractor team, participates in planning and review activities, and produces documentation.
Provide project and systems engineering and integration support to the Engines Element Office.
- Activities include test planning, data management, project reporting, contractor data integration and contractor process integration.
- Project engineering support includes support of technical/programmatic reviews, performances of evaluations, and liquid propulsion systems expertise necessary to ensure the successful planning, control, and execution of the Engines Element Office.
- Provide liquid propulsion systems expertise and analysis.
- Provide expert inputs and recommendations to the Engine Element Office.
- Manager relative to the day-to-day activities including decisions for planning, design, development, technology maturation, and operational tasks.
- Coordinate support activities to ensure the manpower resources are assigned efficiently to the highest priority task.
- Create a support structure around the customer that allows the customer's office to function effectively without direct guidance/supervision from the customer.
- Facilitate the flow of project data through the effective use of the ESD Information Systems (IS) tools including the integration of the hardware contractor into ICE, developing an effective methodology for using IS application programs that addresses items such as the creation and maintenance of master and detailed schedules, task management, reporting, preparing and maintaining documentation, data archiving, and others as the need arises.
- Support the Element management including meeting participation and coordination, supporting management briefing, developing presentations and project documents, as well as supporting other related programmatic activities.
- Perform integration functions with other SLS and Engineering organizations.
- Provide independent verification and validation (IV&V) assessments of avionics and software requirements, test procedures, and test data.