Geocent offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
• Design, develop, code, test, document, implement, support, and maintain new .NET web applications as well as changes/fixes/enhancements to existing .NET web applications
• Implement system application security (using Windows AD based security), user levels (using DOTD supplied roles engine), data exchange between DOTD and contractors
• Support, maintain, develop, code, test, and implement changes/fixes/enhancements to existing IBM mainframe COBOL, CICS applications
• Migrate and modernize existing legacy IBM mainframe COBOL and CICS applications to .NET web applications
• Work with current IBM mainframe application developers to document and understand their regular activities and responsibilities
• Provide technical knowledge, training, knowledge transfer and documentation to OTS staff;
• Work within SDLC and ALM frameworks as directed by the State Project Manager
Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience designing, developing, testing and deploying web apps using the model view controller pattern with the ASP.Net language and the .Net framework
Expertise and/or relevant experience in the following areas are strongly preferred:
• Converting IBM COBOL/CICS applications to .NET
• Visual Basic .NET
• .Net 4.62 framework
• Grape City’s ActiveReports
• Web Services
• COBOL application development and support
• CICS application development and support
• SQL Server
Expertise and/or relevant experience in the following area desirable but not mandatory:
● Certifications with ASP .Net, Visual Basic
Our task order is only for 2080 hours (1 year), but all of our other RFRs have been extended beyond that.
If you are in the IT field and want to make an impact with your career, apply now and talk to us about joining our team. Geocent is growing and looking for talented people who want to share in the company’s success.