Geocent offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
The Senior Application Developer will develop customized solutions, including client-server applications and web applications. The Senior Application Developer will work with others to define, design and deliver needed applications. Must have solid communication skills needed to work with both IT and non-IT employees.
• Full SDLC experience developing all three layers of application programming
• Senior level Java development experience
• Senior level experience with current Java EE Frameworks
• Senior level SQL development experience (MS SQL Server)
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with Agile project delivery (create user stories)
• Assist junior developers by conducting code reviews and ensuring coding standards are met
• Proven ability to deliver programming solutions
• Design, document, communicate and implement data flow and ERD changes required for solution
• Work with both programming group and back office group to deliver solutions
• Willingness to learn other technologies as the business need arises.
• Demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail
• Program solutions based on delivered or derived specifications
• Analyze systems or programming problems and develop satisfactory solutions
• Determines the symptoms/causes of process problems involved in information processing systems and resolves using appropriate tools.
• Ability to logically analyze systems and/or programming problems and develop satisfactory solutions in a timely manner.
• Prepare documentation, data flow and/or ERD diagrams required to communicate solution prior to coding
• Aligns behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization.
• This position would require a working knowledge of the functional capabilities of various applications and the operations procedures and policies related to conducting business.
• Keep work area neat in appearance at all times.
• In depth knowledge of operational procedures and policies. Maintenance of skills may require periodic site visits to work with customer base.
• Ability to work without direct supervision and work productively in a team environment.
• Works and communicates with internal and external clients and customers to meet their needs in a cooperative manner.
• Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
• Maintain high level of customer service.
• 7 + Years of Programming Experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Good organizational skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Experience
• Experience with Crystal Reports API
• Experience with WebLogic, WildFly, SQL Server
• Experience with TFS, Git, Maven, SonarQube, Archiva
• Experience with mobile applications development (either HTML 5 or native apps)
• Experience with unit testing
Geocent is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin