Geocent offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
Geocent is looking for a Scrum Master to supplement a Software Development team using Agile Scrum Framework. The Scrum Master will facilitate and coordinate some of the activities and personnel involved in the implementation and completion of the project. Experience writing project plans, creating schedules, and working within a Project Management Governance system is required.
The Scrum Master will coordinate Release Planning activities and Daily Standups, as well as lead Sprint Planning and Backlog Grooming activities. The Scrum Master will be responsible for reporting on team progress to various levels of management as well as ensure that the development team and business customer have everything they need to succeed, when they need it.
• Communicate with both the development team and customer
• Lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
• Ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to; must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, while enabling the team to self-organize and innovate
• Continually seek improvements for self, team, and client organization by learning new tools and techniques
• Facilitate discussion, effectively encourage alternatives or different approaches, and engage the team to reach consensus and actionable direction from discussions
• Bring disclosure and transparency about the project to the client
• Work with Product Owner and team to groom product backlog
• Work with customers and team leads to outline 3-6 month release plans
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related discipline.
• Current Scrum industry certification: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM) Safe pactitioner (SP), or equivalent
• 2+ years of IT Team Leader Analyst or Project Manager experience
• Experience working with Team Foundation Server
• Facilitating, organizing, coordinating and monitoring activities and functions of development projects in cooperation with other departments and outside agencies, and contractors
• Analyzes and prepares written reports on program and project performance using qualitative analyses, and other project techniques
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills
• Ability to remove barriers from production teams (i.e., development, infrastructure, documentation and escalate issues where appropriate)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced project implementation environment
• Experience working with IT Projects
U.S. Citizen only for Federal Clearance Requirement
Geocent is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin