Geocent offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
• Provides support to users in the field in a variety of technology solutions. Duties include installing, troubleshooting, and assisting users with issues surrounding application software, hardware, desktop, and light network and telecommunication problems.
• This position requires good communications and customer service skills.
• Requires ability to analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot client issues by employing strong listening and communication skills.
• Must be a team player that contributes to the resolution of the client’s business problems.
• Performs timely and accurate recordkeeping on all problems, from initiation through completion.
• Coordinates solutions between end users, and higher level Technical Support specialist by facilitating accurate communications.
• Requires user proficiency with PC hardware, standard software, and specialized applications, and effective oral and written communication skills to explain technical situations, present information, and provide user guidance.
• Must have knowledge of the office suite and desktop applications.
• Under general direction, responds to service requests and complaints over the phone. Inform customers about services available. Investigates complaints. Reports number and types of complaints. Keeps supervisors informed of service trends.
• Under general direction, assists in performing maintenance of site/field equipment and associated wiring, removal of equipment, and aids in the movement or installation of equipment associated with trouble reports at the customer site. Repairs or adjusts equipment at the customer or company site and performs routine maintenance.
• Under supervision, provides help desk support; interfaces with multiple levels of users concerning first level needs. Interfaces with carrier representatives to obtain pricing, service selection, and billing information. Provides conference calling, fax and E-mail directory support through the use of multiple platforms and applications.
• Accurately documents and reports problems to technical staff for resolution. Categorizes service requests by maintaining database with up-to-date status information. Performs departmental administrative duties as assigned, such as generation and tracking of trouble tickets.
• Responsible for providing basic level telephone support to end user community on hardware, software and network related problems, questions and use. Provides first level problem resolution on the telephone with users. Walks the user through a series of steps to determine problem. Classifies level, priority and nature of problem. If unable to diagnose problem and/or problem requires physical interaction with end user, dispatches field engineers from appropriate team. Opens, tracks and closes trouble tickets. Ensures problem ownership and promotes end user satisfaction. Tracks activities of field engineers to who tickets were assigned.
• Requires experience in the setup, configuration, use and trouble shooting of computer.
• Provides customer information and service of a non-technical nature following established procedures and guidelines for inbound telephone calls and/or outbound calls. Follows scripts, answers routine questions, provides information, and refers non-routine cases to senior representative or supervisor. Documents all inquiries, ensures quality control of work, and follows established procedures.
Requires High School Diploma
Must have or be able to obtain security clearance.