Requirements for Team Leads supporting the Propulsion Systems Department include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific, engineering, or related discipline from an accredited institution and a minimum of 10 years of experience in technical discipline. An MS or Ph.D. degree is very desirable.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following propulsion specialties:
- Propulsion Component Technology – Analysis, design, development, and test of propulsion components including combustion devices, turbomachinery, valves, lines, and ducts, and thrust vector control systems.
- Large Liquid Propulsion – Analysis, design, development, and test of large liquid engines and main propulsion systems for launch vehicles.
- In-space Chemical Propulsion – Analysis, design, development, and test of in-space chemical systems including thrusters, cryogenic management systems, and other propulsive elements.
- Advanced Propulsion Technology and Development – Analysis, design, development, and test of advanced chemical propulsion technologies including nuclear thermal propulsion, green propellants, and advanced cryogenic management technologies.
- Experience with leading a strong and high performing team that succeeds in delighting the government customer and JSEG management.
- Experience in project management with specific experience in project planning, estimating, and tracking.
- Outstanding technical and leadership qualifications in one or more of the following areas are required:
- Possess skills and experience in a technical discipline
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- Broad customer and professional network in the field of technical expertise
- Participation in professional society, e.g. AIAA, IEEE, NSBE, SHPE, SWE, etc.
- Technical leadership and engineering management in aerospace disciplines
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of technical management and systems management as needed to support evaluation of MSFC programs and projects.
Due to this government contract, all candidates must be a US Citizen.