Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited institution is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., with a minimum 9 years of experience, Masters with at least 13 years of experience, or BS with at least 15 years of experience. Experience of at least 10 years’ aerospace industry and spacecraft and/or space payloads is preferred.
- Experience with Systems Engineering as a discipline, to include development of requirements, requirement allocation, and development of verification plans, verification objectives, verification matrices, and verification implementation.
- Experience in the development, integration, and implementation of complex aerospace/space systems.
- Experience in Mission Planning definition, mission planning, training, console tools, simulation requirements and console staffing strategies.
- Experience in Mission Execution, to include experience in working in a control room environment, staffing an operations workstation.
- Experience in the development and use of ground support equipment for the transportation and handling of spacecraft or launch vehicle flight hardware and systems.
- Experience in requirements, plans, and procedures development and experience in the execution of ground operations for spacecraft or launch vehicle flight hardware and systems.
- Experience reading and working with engineering drawings, interface control documents, configuration documents, or other technical documentation.
- Demonstrated skills, capabilities, and knowledge required to interface with program level representatives as well as engineers and other technical personnel. This includes the ability to work with a team of diverse individuals, and reach group consensus on technical topics.
- Experience in programmatic planning, monitoring, and control of efforts associated with payload mission integration.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, customer relation skills, and presentation skills are required.
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook) are required.
- An understanding of launch vehicle systems definition, functional requirement development, and/or design integration.
- Experience in physical and functional integration of payload hardware into a spacecraft/launch vehicle.
- Experience with NASA and/or MSFC spacecraft or launch vehicle development, processing, ground operations, and ground support equipment.
- Experience supporting payload integration or the development of payload integration requirements supporting the Space Shuttle, ISS, or unmanned launch vehicles.
- Experience analyzing complex problems or issues, separating the topic into manageable pieces to facilitate resolution of technical concerns.
- Experience in the definition and documentation of payload design and interface requirements, payload accommodations and payload services.
- Experience negotiating and coordinating top level integration agreements with payload developers and/or principal investigators.
- Preference will be given to personnel with an understanding of the NASA systems engineering policies and procedures, and familiarity with the SLS Program.
- Some travel to other NASA Centers and customer locations will be required.
U.S. Citizen only for Federal Clearance Requirement