Geocent offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
The Transition team provides the Navy with system administrators who are skilled in provisioning and migrating web sites and web applications into the cloud and on-premises Data Center. We are looking for a mid-level System Administrator that has experience provisioning system infrastructure in VMWare and AWS.
• Transition client web sites and applications to AWS or client’s Data Center.
• Develops DevOps automation code to deploy, configure, and manage a variety of technologies.
• Good grasp of fundamental security concepts with hands-on experience in implementing security controls and compliance requirements
• An understanding of IP networking fundamentals and network security
• Supporting development, testing, staging, and full production environments.
• Performs subsystem definition, preliminary and detailed design, design implementation, subsystem and
system integration, and tests for a subsystem.
• Participates in system requirements review, preliminary and critical design reviews, integration readiness
review, and software acceptance reviews.
• Researches problems discovered by quality reviews and develops solutions.
• Develops systems that operate with COTS and GOTS tools and products.
• Proficient with shell scripting in order to automate infrastructure tasks.
• Researches, designs, and develops system infrastructure, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical
• Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Formulates and designs software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Develops system infrastructure testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
• Consults with customer concerning maintenance of software system.
• Provides support for the acquisition, installation, maintenance and operations of computer systems hardware,
software and networks within assigned customer facilities and AWS.
• Identifies creative solutions to improve system and product offerings.
• Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical problems associated with specific
• Collaborates with technical writers to create customer-relevant documentation.
• Coordinates with project work teams to ensure adherence to policies, achievement of quality targets and
delivery on schedule milestones.
• 2+ years of AWS management experience, including experience with EC2, RDS, and CloudWatch
• 5+ years of Windows Server system administration, deployment, configuration and management
• 2+ years of Linux system administration, deployment, configuration and management
• 2+ years of VMWare experience
• Familiarity with government processes is preferred
Must have or be able to obtain secret security clearance.