Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
Yes, this is rocket science!
We are hiring for a role in the Test Data Analysis organization. Candidates for this position will have a minimum of 10 years
relevant work experience.
This Systems Engineer (Data Analysis Engineer) will support the NASA Space Launch System (SLS) Hardware-in-the-
Loop (HWIL) labs at Marshall Space Flight center in Huntsville Alabama. The HWIL labs include the System Integration
and Test Facility (SITF), Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL), and multiple Software Development Facilities (SDFs) used
to verify the integrated avionics and software systems for the SLS rocket. All of these labs include numerous complex
real-time Software Models integrated with Electrical/Avionics systems to achieve detailed simulation of the SLS rocket.
Work will be performed for the Avionics and Ground Systems Test Branch (ES53) of the SLS program at NASA’s
Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama. This branch is responsible for maintenance, fabrication, integration,
operation, assembly, and testing of project hardware and software in support of the noted SLS labs.
This position’s primary responsibilities include:
• Performing data interpretation, assessment, and analysis of complex integration simulation and Hardware-In-the-Loop
• Developing plans to track and perform analysis of simulation and (HIL) systems
• Communicating (written and verbal) clear and crisp insights and observations of performance of integrated systems
• Creating technical documentation including test data analysis reports, requirement verification reports, and white papers
• Presenting and defending analyses and reports during peer level reviews
• Working with associated Systems Engineering (SE) teams, Software Dev teams, Test teams, and Electrical Integration
team to ensure tests and analyses meet technical intent and appropriately verify system capabilities and behaviors.
• Communicating risks, issues and solutions to peers with various technical backgrounds and areas of expertise
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally
within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on
the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a longrange
effect on future generations!
Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements
are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 4 years of experience; Masters with at least 8 years of experience, or a BS
with at least 10 years of experience.
Requirements and Required Skills:
• Minimum of 10 years professional experience
• Must have excellent written and oral technical communication skills – must be able to clearly define and describe a
technical subject to peers across various engineering disciplines.
Desired experience includes one or more of the following in order of significance:
• Previous experience assessing system level behavior and performing test design, test execution, test data collection, and
test data analysis for complex aerospace systems (e.g. space launch vehicles, spacecraft, missile systems, aircraft)
• Versatility and the ability to work well on large cross-functional teams and to interact effectively with technical customers
• Experience with hardware-in-the loop laboratories
• Previous experience with complex aerospace system design (e.g. space launch vehicles, spacecraft, missile systems,
aircraft), from system specification through detailed design
• System test methodology and philosophy (i.e., what are we trying to achieve and why)
• Coordination of analysis and test efforts over a moderate-sized team
• Familiarity with concepts of test and analysis applied to requirements verification and validation
• Configuration management of large systems
• Avionics Systems design, integration & test. Know how to read and interpret avionics architecture diagrams, cable
interconnect diagrams, and associated system schematics.
Travel may be required. Expected to be no more than 5%.
Due to this government contract, all candidates must be a US Citizen.