Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
Seeking an Electrical Engineer
The successful candidate will:
- Provide assessment of both digital and analog electronics for space flight avionics, power systems, and ground
support equipment. This may include switching power supplies, amplifiers, filters, sensor interfaces, microprocessors,
microcontrollers, FPGAs, buffers, and memories.
- Provide avionics risk assessments and support trade studies.
- Participate in research, working group meetings, design reviews, and Engineering Review Boards when needed.
- Support development and testing of electronics and hardware for avionics power and communications.
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally
within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on
the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a longrange
effect on future generations!
Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational
requirements are the equivalent of a minimum of a Masters with at least 3 years of experience, or BS with at least 5 years
- Applicable years of experience in electronics design and development, including designing for EMI/RFI compatibility.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, customer relation, and presentation skills are a strong requirement.
- A proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite competence (Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Other desired areas of experience are:
- Expertise in development of electronics, and electrical systems in harsh environments such as vacuum, and hard
- Capability to effectively interface with the other engineering teams on interfaces, configuration, mass, and power
- Demonstrated ability in critical thinking, effective communications, and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Sphinx computers and/or inertial measurement equipment a plus.
- Experience will be in electronics design, development, and/or testing, including EMI/RFI compatibility.
Due to this government contract, all candidates must be a US Citizen.