Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
Primary responsibility for this position includes providing systems engineering support, supporting technical risk
management inputs/mitigations, supporting project technical reviews/working groups, technical data integration, team
coordination and general technical support and developing/maintaining systems level requirement documents for the
sub-element. The selected candidate will assist efforts to close technical issues and will be responsible for developing
and reviewing SLS documentation such as drawings, design specifications, interface control documents, and verification
The Project Integration Engineer will provide direct technical support to the Secondary Payloads Lead Systems Engineer
(LSE) supporting Spacecraft/Payload Integration & Evolution (SPIE)/XP50 to include:
- Task planning
- Technical inputs and reviews
- Coordination of ES support
- Communication with Chief Engineers, Element Discipline Lead Engineer (EDLEs), and SPIE Element Lead Systems
Engineer (ELSE) as needed
- Coordinate with Secondary/Payload Integration Manager (SPIMs) on required inputs & outputs
- Develop/manage schedule of secondary payloads tasks and deliverables
- Support technical inputs and reviews and product development
- Maintain and/or provide inputs to Secondary Payloads System Engineering products (IDRD, SPRD),
- Assist SPIMs in producing requirements compliance input for payload specific ICDs,
- Support verification planning for payloads and SPDS systems, including V&V for Secondary Payloads.
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally
within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on
the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a longrange
effect on future generations!
Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements
are the equivalent of a minimum of a Masters with at least 3 years of experience, or BS with at least 5 years of
- General knowledge of NASA Systems Engineering principles and processes.
- Ability to lead an integrated team in technical reviews and working groups both in person and using communications tools
such as WebEx and Skype.
- Familiar with configuration\data management concepts and tools such as Windchill.
- Familiar with risk management concepts and tools.
- Communicates efficiently, and effectively in English, both orally, and written.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a cross functional dynamic ever changing work environment and have a strong
ability to multi task.
- Previous work supporting SLS components or Payloads Integration on other programs including flight or ground
operations and/or testing.
Due to this government contract, all candidates must be a US Citizen.