Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
We are hiring for a support role in the Avionics and Ground Systems Test Branch (ES53) of the SLS program. Candidates
for this position will have a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience, and must be high energy, professional,
proactive, reliable, and highly organized.
This Program Resource Engineer will support the NASA Space Launch System (SLS) Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL)
labs at Marshall Space Flight center in Huntsville Alabama. The HWIL labs include the System Integration and Test
Facility (SITF), Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL), and multiple Software Development Facilities (SDFs) used to verify
the integrated avionics and software systems for the SLS rocket. All of these labs include numerous complex real-time
Software Models integrated with Electrical/Avionics systems to achieve detailed simulation of the SLS rocket.
Work will be performed for the Avionics and Ground Systems Test Branch (ES53) of the SLS program at NASA’s
Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama. This branch is responsible for maintenance, fabrication, integration,
operation, assembly, and testing of project hardware and software in support of the noted SLS labs.
- Coordinating, collecting, reporting branch level metrics
- Schedule performance
- Problem Reports Opened/Closed/Status
- Change Requests Opened/Closed/Status
- Requirement closures
- Action Items – maintain the branch Action Item log, and coordinate with the team for status and closure plans to aide
branch leadership in driving action item closure
- Coordinate and support authoring/release of ES53 meeting minutes, ensuring branch activities and decisions are
documented and available for team review
- Manage access to Branch facilities and IT systems
- Architecture – support definition of the design and use of SharePoint for ES53, with a critical focus on driving efficiency
and minimizing overlap/duplication of data.
- Planning – develop Road Map for the future
- Maintain Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs)
Note that these are currently planned Primary Responsibilities. The full set of primary and secondary responsibilities is
anticipated to grow with the abilities of the candidate.
Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements
are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 2 years of experience; Masters with at least 4 years of experience, or a BS
with at least 5 years of experience.
Requirements and Required Skills:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, in both verbal and written form
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills for a fast-paced environment
- Must be proficient in use of MS Office products to include: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Effectively work as a team member. Successfully establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels
of management and individual contributors.
- Ability to execute all above defined Primary Responsibilities
Desired experience includes one or more of the following in order of significance:
- Proficiency in SharePoint site planning, development, and usage
- Proficiency in use of Micro Focus “Solutions Business Manager (SBM)” process management tools, with focus on
process design/optimization and automation
- Knowledge of the SLS HWIL labs (SIL, SITF, SDFs)
Due to this government contract, all candidates must be a US Citizen.