Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
Support the Space Launch Systems (SLS) Integrated Avionics Test Facility (IATF) Project Office for the development
of Emulators and software/hardware test facilities. This position will perform configuration management activities
associated with the full life-cycle of Hardware In the Loop (HWIL) integration/test facilities used to support SLS Program
development/test activities and Emulators developed/delivered to support integration/test activities performed by external
- Support systems engineering and program management through facilitation of initial releases and engineering change
requests and schedule the CCB including the documentation and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Provide configuration control for all IATF requirements, documents, test data, drawings, and system HW/SW.
- Ensure conformance of delivered software and hardware configuration items (CIs) to statement of work, contract data
requirements list, program CM plans, procedures and contractual requirements associated with the CM process.
- Support Configuration Management performing document audits including FCA/PCA for the Integrated Avionics and Test
Facilities and Emulator systems
- Control and provide support for formal deliverables sent from SLS IATF and for formal deliverables received from other
SLS organizations and/or external programs.
- Identify and communicate risks associated with Configuration Management processes/procedures to SLS IATF
- Coordinate with other programs to transfer configuration controlled items to/from the SLS IATF organization to externa
- Create shipping documentation and coordinate/track the transfer of HW shipments from SLS IATF to external
- Manage, track, and control the ordering and delivery of SLS IATF HW inventory.
- Personnel are required to be self-motivated, effective team players familiar with working in a highly-dynamic work
The Jacobs Space Exploration
Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required with at least 5 years of hardware
and software configuration
management experience. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a minimum of a Masters with at least
3 years of experience, or BS with at least 5 years of experience.
- Configuration management experience supporting NASA or DoD programs.
- Experience providing CM support for a HWIL test facility.
- Configuration management of a deployed system at a remote location.
- Experience providing CM control of hardware and software.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, customer relation skills, and presentation skills.
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team of diverse individuals and reach group consensus on technical topics.
- An understanding of launch vehicle simulation development and testing.
- Experience in physical and functional integration of Emulator systems into a HWIL simulation facility.
- Experience with NASA and/or MSFC spacecraft avionics and flight software development/integration and testing
Due to this government contract, all candidates must be a US Citizen.