Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
The systems engineering support will include providing and performing the following activities:
- Implement the SPIE Project Office approach, requirements, developments, plans, design, and processes with respect to
flight hardware and support equipment at MSFC and Exploration Ground Systems (EGS) during assembly, integration,
test, launch and flight operations.
- Lead the development/updates of key system engineering products as the book manager. Tasks include:
- Coordinate development/updates to the documents as required.
- Coordinate with SLS and SPIE team member for inputs, comments, and integration to perform document update/
- Lead task teams to gain concurrence to release the documents through the Project/Program configuration management
- Serving as the Change Package Engineering (CPE) for the Change Requests (CR) to baseline/mature the documents.
- Perform technical analysis of ground processing requirements, such as shipping, storage, off-nominal operations, and
integrated operations (stacking, test, and checkout) with a focus on when, how, where support equipment is needed.
- Develop and analyze requirements, analyze and assess drawings schematics, and specifications, review and analyze
ground operations procedures, address technical issues, and participate in design reviews.
- Lead and/or participate in working groups and Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs)
- Provide technical integration with other engineering disciplines, SLS Elements, and Exploration Ground Systems (EGS).
- Travel to NASA and contractor facilities as required in support of reviews, meetings, TIMs, conferences, training, etc.
Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Systems Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is
required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Masters with at least 8 years of experience, or a BS
with at least 10 years of experience.
The candidate is also required to have:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in systems engineering and integration, launch vehicle definition, functional
design, design integration, launch vehicle performance analyses, flight evaluation planning, requirement verification, and/
or requirement validation.
- Experience with developing systems requirements, verification strategies, and verification planning as well as facilitating
the successful completion of verification compliance activities.
- Experience with defining and managing interfaces, interface requirements, and interface verification.
- Knowledge of component level and integrated systems verification planning as well as experience in developing and
delivering briefings to NASA program, test, and verification boards.
- Familiarity with NASA Systems Engineering policies and procedures related to verification, and have experience using
tools/systems to manage verification compliance data.
- Critical thinking, effective communications, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering executive-level briefings, have excellent oral, written, and customer
relation skills, and be proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Desired (presence of one or more of these qualifications will be used as discriminating factors in selecting applicants):
- Experience with systems engineering and integration of ground and/or flight hardware.
- Ground operations experience for Space Shuttle, International Space Station (ISS), or Expendable Launch Vehicle (ELV)
- Experience in Launch Vehicle Ground Support Equipment (GSE) requirements, implementation, and/or manufacturing.
- Knowledge of NASA spacecraft, launch vehicles, space launch operations, and flow processes.
- Experience with requirements management tools; systems engineering tools; product Development, Design, Test and
Evaluation (DDT&E), Engineering Document Management Systems, and unique database tools used during system
Due to this government contract, all candidates must be a US Citizen.