Geocent offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Technology field! Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
As Senior Developer you will provide the development and deployment of Cloud-based and open sourced solutions for our key federal customer. You will help to improve the performance and capabilities of a wide variety of systems, leveraged from your past experiences.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field
· 10 years of experience in designing software systems, domain analysis and implementation
· Experience in leading development teams of 20 or more
· Experience as a senior developer with a progressive record of accomplishment in the field
· Extensive experience design, building, deploying, and maintaining J2EE based applications built using Java MVCs such as Spring, Struts etc.
· Comfortable performing analysis of alternatives and justifying tool and technology choices to fulfill mission needs.
· Experience in managing software development efforts using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, UML Diagrams and other accepted design tools and techniques
· Experience in determining level of effort, size and schedule for software enhancements
· Experience reviewing existing programs and assisting in making refinements, reducing operating time and improving existing techniques
· Experience migrating legacy applications to microservices driving responsive web designs
· Experience with responsibility for conforming to requirements, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
· Experience with responsibility for quality assurance and evaluation of existing software products
· Leadership experience in instructing, directing and offering technical expertise to other members of the team and mentoring and growing team knowledge and capabilities
· Experience working in a multi-contractor environment
· Solid oral and written communication skills
· Proven experience working in an agile environment preferably with Scrum and Kanban methodologies. TDD exposure is a plus!
· Experience working with Atlassian suite of Agile tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo etc.
· Experience in the following technologies: AWS EC2, Docker/Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, JBoss/Wildfly Application Server, SQL – AWS Aurora or Postgres, NoSQL – AWS DynamoDB or MongoDB, Splunk, Tableau, MuleSoft, SonarQube, Fortify, Selenium
· TIBCO experience
· Must be US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain DHS Public Trust Suitability